The International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences announced the winners of the 8th International Emmy Kids Awards. The announcement was made on the Academy website and via its social media channels, a route that was chosen after the cancellation of MIPTV.
"We decided to keep the winners' announcement for the same day the awards ceremony would have been held in Cannes," said International Academy President, Bruce L. Paisner. "And so today, March 31, although we cannot do it on-stage as usual, the International Academy, and our partners MIPTV, TV Kids and Ernst & Young, join us to congratulate the outstanding teams behind the winning programs. These programs entertain, educate and enlighten, with the high standard of quality we expect for our children and their communities at large," he added.
Winning programs from Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Norway, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom are:
- “Zog,” from Magic Light Pictures (Kids: Animation).
- “Lik Meg” (Like Me), from NRK Super (Kids: Digital).
- “Nosso Sangue, Nosso Corpo,” from Fox Lab Brazil / Your Mama (Kids: Factual).
- “Nachtraven” (Nighthawk), from De Mensen / Ketnet (Kids: Non-Scripted Entertainment). “Bluey,” from Ludo Studios / ABC Australia / BBC Studios / Screen Australia / Screen Queensland (Kids:Preschool).
- “De Regels van Floor” (Floor Rules), from NL Film & TV / VPRO (Kids: Series).
- “Jacqueline Wilson's Katy,” from BBC Children's In-House Productions / CBBC (Kids: TV Movie/Mini-Series).
These programs entertain, educate and enlighten, with the high standard of quality we expect for our children and their communities at large” Bruce L. Paisner President of The International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences